If I was a pastor, what would be the first, four messages (sermons) that I would preach? The next 4 posts are those messages.
- Read Romans 1:1-7
- Read Romans 1:17-18
- Am I ashamed?
- Are you ashamed?
- Read Romans 3:10-18
- No one seeks God. We do not seek God, nor can we. God seeks for us. He wants all to be saved, but most resist.
- If God didn't seek us first, no one would be saved. God initiates salvation and completes salvation. We are saved by grace and kept by grace.
- Read Matthew 22:36-40. The Law of God shows us our sin as we are convicted by the Holy Spirit.
- Read Matthew 19:16-22. We have broken the Law. This young man stated that he had kept them, but the heart did not, for he had great possessions and loved money and things more than God, which is breaking the first commandment (Exodus 20:3).
- Read Romans 3:23. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
- Read Romans 6:23. Our just punishment is to die and go to hell. God does have a gift of eternal life rather than eternal hell, if we believe the Gospel.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. Why did Jesus die? He was our Passover Lamb ("Purge out the old leaven, in order that you may be a new batch of dough, since you are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us." 1 Corinthians 5:7 (EMTV). He bore our punishment, yours and mine.
- Read John 3:16. We need to believe the Gospel, repent, trust in, and call on the name of the Lord Jesus to be saved. Repent is a willingness to turn from our sins; it is an 180 degree turn. There is only one Gospel. The same Gospel was preached to Adam and Eve, Seth, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, the prophets, the Lord Jesus, the Apostles, and the rest. There are not two gospels, just one.
- Read "Come to Me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (EMTV). Read "And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." Revelation 22:17 (EMTV)
- Today is the day of salvation. Repent and believe the Gospel.